But what if I test positive?
There isn’t a widely adopted contingency plan, but there have been very few, if any foreign travelers who have been restricted from returning due to COVID, so it appears everyone is getting out on their departure day. In fact, 250,000 international passengers passed through the PV International airport this July. All provided a negative COVID test result before boarding.
But what if?
If a Las Olas guest tests positive she’ll be relocated to local accommodations or close to the airport at her own expense until she can provide a negative test at departure or wait out the quarantine of 10-14 days and get a physician’s clearance.
Since we provide COVID testing at least 24 hours before guest departure day, a positive test result could result in the guest moving that night if her roommates test negative.
If a guest develops symptoms that require medical attention, Puerto Vallarta has excellent hospitals catering to international travelers. They are less expensive than the U.S. and Canada, but usually require payment-in-full at time of service. Health insurance coverage from back home may or may not provide reimbursement. Ask your agent what’s covered before traveling.
What can Las Olas do to get you home quickly and safely?
• We can find suitable accommodations and organize transportation for any guest testing positive for COVID. We’ll communicate with the management about the situation and help make it as easy as possible to settle in.
• If a guest would like to re-test (recommended), we can organize local testing services.
• We can help with international communication, airline re-booking, shopping for necessities, payment systems, transportation, organizing food delivery, and other needs while in quarantine.
• After obtaining a negative result or at the end of quarantine, we can help organize transportation to the airport, if necessary.
• IMPORTANT: Expenses incurred outside the normal services provided by Las Olas will be the responsibility of the guest. This includes transportation not included in your surf retreat, lodging after the retreat, food, general expenses, and medical costs.
Please consider the following options before attending Las Olas in Mexico.
-Obtain travel insurance that explicitly covers COVID related expenses and losses.
Some insurance companies are classifying COVID a “known hazard” making it more difficult or impossible to file a claim. We highly recommend visiting yonder.com
and review products covering extended stays due to COVID.
-Consider rescheduling to a later Las Olas surf retreat.
We didn’t think we’d be still talking about COVID for nearly two years, but here we are. At Las Olas we’ve made it easier for our guests to reschedule at no additional cost from us. If you think it’s too soon to travel, we understand. If you decide to reschedule to a later date, let us know as soon as possible so we can book the best villa.
-Don’t let down your guard.
Whatever you’ve done to protect yourself from transmissible diseases, keep doing it! Physically distance when you can, wash your hands and keep them from your face, wear a mask when around people, and get vaccinated!