+ Super easy to make with or without a sewing machine
+ Common material that doesn’t fray or need hemming
+ People automatically social distance from me
+ Washable with soap and water
+ Protection against a full frontal coughs or sneezes in either direction
+ Production can scale up quickly if you need many
+ Softens with use
+ Comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time
+ Accessorizes with almost any outfit
– Not intuitive when first putting on, but easy to learn
– Strap slips down if not positioned correctly
– Adjustable nose clamp would be nice
– May not fit over beards or large heads
– Loses water resistance after a wearing for a week. Dr. Baena Q says double up the fabric here
– Non-medical. Not approved by any authority. Do not attempt surgery.
More and more reports are surfacing proving the advantages of some form of face protection. In fact, some health departments are requiring face masks in any public setting. If that strategy trends, we will need lots of masks. I look forward to your improvements, but in the meantime, make a mask!